TTCC WEEKLY UPDATE #9 - Spring 2016
“YOU CANNOT ACHIEVE EXCELLENCE UNLESS YOU STRIVE FOR THE IMPOSSIBLE”
Byron McGilvrary 2016
IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING YOU WOULD LIKE INCLUDED IN THE WEEKLY, PLEASE EMAIL PATTY G BY WEDNESDAY 3:00 PMTO BE INCLUDED IN THURSDAY’s BULLETIN. firstname.lastname@example.org
1. MONDAY SECTIONAL MARCH 21
There is a TENOR SECTIONAL on Monday, March 21st. Please try to be there by 5 pm.
****REHEARSAL 3-21 IS AT SANDIE DAVIS’s HOUSE @ 5:45 (following TENOR sectional)*****
11555 Stillwater Ct.
Truckee CA 96161
From the 7-11 on Brockway Road, go up Palisades drive one mile
Turn right onto Silver Fir, go 1/3 mile
Turn left onto Thelin Dr.
Go 2 long blocks, turn left onto Stillwater.
Pull all the way down the driveway and we can get quite a few cars in.
2. Upcoming Events Sun, Aug 14 – special performance at the Assumption Catholic Church. IF YOU HAVE NOT YET SIGNED UP, AND WISH TO PARTICIPATE, PLEASE SIGN THE CLIP BOARD AT THE FRONT OF CLASS ON THE WHITE BOARD. WE NEED 30 SINGERS AND WE ARE ALMOST THERE.
TOCATTA is performing BACH’s ST MATTHEW PASSION in English this month. See their POSTER at the end of Bulletin #8 Lorelle has ticket information. Contact her at email@example.com for more information.
ALTO SECTIONAL AT SUE SAGE’s HOUSE ON WED 3-23 @ 6:00 PM. CONTACT SUE FOR MORE INFO. firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Rehearsal Schedule RemainingRehearsals begin at 5:45 pm and end promptly at 8:30 pm every Monday night through Apr 18. Most rehearsals will be held at Sierra College except Mar 21 to be arranged. We know not everyone can make it, but if you have the time to attend the 5:00 pm sectional/vocal sessions, please do so as they really help us learn the music. Sectionals will be held every Monday night
Mar 21 – Tenor
Mar 28 – Soprano
Apr 4 - Bass/Tenor
Apr 11 – Alto ALTO SECTIONAL AT SUE SAGE’s ON WED 3-23 6:00 pm. email@example.com
Apr 18 – no sectional on risers
4. BE CONCERT READY!
NEW THIS WEEK: Susan would like us to practice certain pieces so that we are “concert ready” at rehearsal each Monday. For this Monday 3-21, please prepare these pieces:
1. MOZART #6 SOLOISTs BE READY TO SING
2. TURKISH MARCH (memorize)
3. VISIT FATES (please review)
5. ConcertThe final rehearsal and both performances will be at the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Church at 10930 Alder Drive, Truckee as follows:
Apr 22 – Friday 7 pm – first and final run through with DVC
Apr 23 – Saturday call time noon – concert 1 pm
Apr 24 – Sunday call time 3 pm – concert 4 pm
6. Concert Order for MusicHere’s the order we will sing the music (subject to change at any time).
First Half We Sing
Down to the River to Pray
O Nata Lux
Angels Breathing Out
Bill Bailey, Won’t You Please Come Home
The Song That Goes Like This
Duel of the Fates
Second Half Vesperae Solennes de Confessore
Solo OpportunitiesBeginning of Down to the River to Pray – any voice. Good job Mike, Trish, Donna and Stacy.
Vesperae Solennes de Confessore – soprano, mezzo, tenor, and bass. Parts don’t necessarily have to be the same person throughout the different movements.
7. Attendance & Name tagsGood attendance allows the Chorus to continue as an OLLI no-tuition class, so we need to keep track of how many people actually come to the class. We don’t want to record people just not showing up, so please let your section leader know if you will not be at rehearsal. If you need a name tag or lanyard, let Bill or Debbie Ratcliff know.
8. Section Leaders and Assistant Section LeadersSop I – Patty Gegenheimer firstname.lastname@example.org and Martha Cirata
Sop II – Miriam Hoffmann email@example.com and Patty Cardoza
Alto I – Fran Sandwith and Ginny Pomroy
Susan Duffy-Smith firstname.lastname@example.org is serving as
interim ALTO I leader until Fran returns. Thank you Susan!
Alto II – Claudia Sciaroni email@example.com and Sue Sage
Tenor – Tom Rinne firstname.lastname@example.org and Gorden Elwell
Bass – Todd Tanis email@example.com and Steve Thompson
These section leaders have volunteered to support a vocal section and should let you know how best to contact them. They will be taking attendance each week. Make sure you let them know, in advance if possible, if you are going to be absent.
Section leaders are your first stop with questions and need for help with the music and your entire chorus experience so please go to them with your questions. If you don’t know who they are, ask me and I’ll arrange an introduction.
9. Website and FacebookOur website is www.truckeechorus.org. Unfortunately, the website is not current. We are looking for a webmaster.
Facebook users “like” our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/truckeechorus. Invite your friends!
10. CD NOW AVAILABLE FOR MANY MOODS OF MUSIC (SPRING CONCERT 2015)
FULL CONCERT $10.00
FIRST HALF ONLY $5.00
SEE PATTY G IN CLASS TO ORDER
PLEASE NOTE: Winter 2015 Concert CD is still in production
11. Donations and Program Advertising:Donations – Thank you for your continued support and contributions. If you are interested in making a tax deductible contribution, please speak to any board member or your section leader. Any amount over $40 is considered a donation. Donations of $50 or more will receive a receipt and thank you letter for your tax files. If you don’t need a receipt, please let us know, so we don’t prepare a letter for your file 13.
Program Advertising – We will again be printing business card ads in our program. If you have a business you would like to advertise or know someone who does, please see Carolyn Magin, Past President or Michael Campbell, Development Director.
SaveMart S.H.A.R.E.S. Cards. If you shop at SaveMart and do not already have a TTCC SHARES card, we have them in the classroom. Ask your section leader for one. Present the card every time you shop and a percentage of what you spend comes to us at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Smile. If you shop at Amazon.com, login through Amazon Smile and select the Truckee Tahoe Community Chorus as your charity. A percentage of what you spend there will come to us at no additional cost to you. You do not need to change your account in anyway, just instead of going to amazon.com, go to smile.amazon.com and login to your account. The first time you do so, it will ask you to select a charity. Find Truckee Tahoe Community Chorus on the list, then shop as usual. If you have Amazon Prime, I’m not sure how this will work with you – but give it a shot.