TTCC WEEKLY UPDATE #11 - Spring 2016
IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING YOU WOULD LIKE INCLUDED IN THE WEEKLY, PLEASE EMAIL PATTY G BY WEDNESDAY 3:00 PMTO BE INCLUDED IN THURSDAY’s BULLETIN. firstname.lastname@example.org
1. MONDAY SECTIONAL APRIL 4TH
There is a BASS AND TENOR SECTIONAL on Monday, April 4th. Please try to be there by 5 pm.
2. Upcoming Events Sun, Aug 14 – special performance at the Assumption Catholic Church. IF YOU HAVE NOT YET SIGNED UP, AND WISH TO PARTICIPATE, PLEASE SIGN THE CLIP BOARD AT THE FRONT OF CLASS ON THE WHITE BOARD.
3. Rehearsal Schedule RemainingRehearsals begin at 5:45 pm and end promptly at 8:30 pm every Monday night through Apr 18. Most rehearsals will be held at Sierra College except Mar 21 to be arranged. We know not everyone can make it, but if you have the time to attend the 5:00 pm sectional/vocal sessions, please do so as they really help us learn the music. Sectionals will be held every Monday night.
Apr 4 - Bass/Tenor
Apr 11 – Alto
Apr 18 – no sectional on risers
4. BE CONCERT READY!
NEW THIS WEEK: Susan would like us to practice certain pieces so that we are “concert ready” at rehearsal each Monday. For this Monday 4-4, please prepare these pieces: SOLOISTs BE READY TO SING.
1. Mozart: #3 Beatus Vir, #6 Magnificat, #5 Laudate Dominum
2. 1st half: Angels, Jubilate, Turkish, Down to the River, We Sing
**SOLOISTS ARE STILL BEING DETERMINED**
5. ConcertThe final rehearsal and both performances will be at the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Church at 10930 Alder Drive, Truckee as follows:
Apr 22 – Friday 7 pm – first and final run through with DVC
Apr 23 – Saturday call time noon – concert 1 pm
Apr 24 – Sunday call time 3 pm – concert 4 pm
Hampton Inn – if you were considering getting a hotel room for the performance weekend, our block gets dropped after April 1 – that is THIS FRIDAY. If you do want a room, please use the info below to reserve before then. Use the attached link or call them at the front desk and mention the group name “Truckee Tahoe Chorus 2016”.
Simply copy and paste the URL below into your browser to access the exclusive rates available for this group. Please note, the entire URL must be copied and pasted for it to work properly.
Booking Link: https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/hp/reservation/book.htm?inputModule=HOTEL&ctyhocn=TKFCAHX&spec_plan=CHHCGR&arrival=20160422&departure=20160424&cid=OM,WW,HILTONLINK,EN,DirectLink&fromId=HILTONLINKDIRECT
Hotel: Hampton Inn & Suites Tahoe-Truckee, CA
Group Name: Truckee Tahoe Chorus 2016
Arrival Date: 22-Apr-2016
Departure Date: 24-Apr-2016
7. FROM CAROLYN
(1) DVC Housing – I could use at least 1 more volunteer to house a couple of people from DVC – 2 would actually be better. Please let me know if you have a spare room or 2 and can host a couple of people. They will be arriving Fridayevening in time for our orchestra rehearsal at Assumption Church and then would follow you home. They will be leaving right after our Sunday performance. It is not necessary to feed them meals, but coffee in the morning would certainly be nice! J
(2) Program Ads – If you are interested in renewing or placing a program ad, please let me know. If you know someone who would like to or could support the chorus in this way, please forward this information. Ads are business card size. New for 2016 – If you would like to place an ad in both the Spring and Holiday programs for the year, the cost is $90. (Artwork can be changed for winter ads.) Individual concert program ads will be $50 each. In addition, by purchasing a program ad, you are eligible to purchase up to 2 adult general admission tickets for $15. Your name would be at will-call to pick up tickets. By purchasing for the year, you will be eligible for the discount for the Holiday concert as well. If I have your artwork, I am ready to go. If I do not, please provide a business card or a jpg or pdf of your card. Please let me know if you have any questions. DEADLINE: MONDAY, APRIL 11!!!
8. Concert Order for Music (NEW – subject to change)First Half We Sing
Down to the River to Pray
O Nata Lux
Angels Breathing Out
The Song That Goes Like This
Bill Bailey, Won’t You Please Come Home
Duel of the Fates
Second Half Vesperae Solennes de Confessore
9. Attendance & Name tagsGood attendance allows the Chorus to continue as an OLLI no-tuition class, so we need to keep track of how many people actually come to the class. We don’t want to record people just not showing up, so please let your section leader know if you will not be at rehearsal. If you need a name tag or lanyard, let Bill or Debbie Ratcliff know.
10. Section Leaders and Assistant Section LeadersSop I – Patty Gegenheimer email@example.com and Martha Cirata
YOU CAN ALSO REACH PATTY AT HOME AFTER 4:30 @ 587 - 6644
Sop II – Miriam Hoffmann firstname.lastname@example.org and Patty Cardoza
Alto I – Fran Sandwith and Ginny Pomroy
Susan Duffy-Smith email@example.com is serving as
interim ALTO I leader until Fran returns. Thank you Susan!
Alto II – Claudia Sciaroni firstname.lastname@example.org and Sue Sage
Tenor – Tom Rinne email@example.com and Gorden Elwell
Bass – Todd Tanis firstname.lastname@example.org and Steve Thompson
These section leaders have volunteered to support a vocal section and should let you know how best to contact them. They will be taking attendance each week. Make sure you let them know, in advance if possible, if you are going to be absent.
Section leaders are your first stop with questions and need for help with the music and your entire chorus experience so please go to them with your questions. If you don’t know who they are, ask me and I’ll arrange an introduction.
11. Website and FacebookOur website is www.truckeechorus.org. Unfortunately, the website is not current. We are looking for a webmaster.
Facebook users “like” our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/truckeechorus. Invite your friends!
12. CD NOW AVAILABLE FOR MANY MOODS OF MUSIC (SPRING CONCERT 2015)
FULL CONCERT $10.00
FIRST HALF ONLY $5.00
SEE PATTY G IN CLASS TO ORDER
PLEASE NOTE: Winter 2015 Concert CD is still in production, per Pete.
13. Donations and Program Advertising:Donations – Thank you for your continued support and contributions. If you are interested in making a tax deductible contribution, please speak to any board member or your section leader. Any amount over $40 is considered a donation. Donations of $50 or more will receive a receipt and thank you letter for your tax files. If you don’t need a receipt, please let us know, so we don’t prepare a letter for your file 13.
Program Advertising – We will again be printing business card ads in our program. If you have a business you would like to advertise or know someone who does, please see Carolyn Magin, Past President or Michael Campbell, Development Director.
SaveMart S.H.A.R.E.S. Cards. If you shop at SaveMart and do not already have a TTCC SHARES card, we have them in the classroom. Ask your section leader for one. Present the card every time you shop and a percentage of what you spend comes to us at no additional cost to you.
Amazon Smile. If you shop at Amazon.com, login through Amazon Smile and select the Truckee Tahoe Community Chorus as your charity. A percentage of what you spend there will come to us at no additional cost to you. You do not need to change your account in anyway, just instead of going to amazon.com, go to smile.amazon.com and login to your account. The first time you do so, it will ask you to select a charity. Find Truckee Tahoe Community Chorus on the list, then shop as usual. If you have Amazon Prime, I’m not sure how this will work with you – but give it a shot.